1. As reported by the National Transportation Council – One vehicle traveling at 10 mph has as much force on a person as having a 50 lb. sack thrown on you from the second story of a building.
2. Wearing a shoulder harness adds even more torque to the spine than not wearing one at all. Seatbelts save lives . . . not spines.
3. Double the injury if the head is turned in either direction.
4. Acceleration of the head is worse if you get hit while you are already moving.
5. Ramping – If the head rest it too low and you are involved in an accident, the head rest acts as a ramp. This accelerates the head up and adds to the damages of ligaments and muscle.
6. Waiting has disastrous consequences. As studied by State Farm …10 years after a car accident 68% of the victims experience headaches, radiating pain, and pain in the neck. (All of this in accidents that do not require stitches or have any major external injuries).
7. Victims of accidents can count on the luxury of experiencing 80% greater incidence of Osteoarthritis, and if you are already diagnosed with Osteoarthritis it progresses faster.
8. Race car effect – the more force that is absorbed by the vehicle (in the form of damage to the vehicle) the less force is transferred to the passenger (i.e. Race car explodes – passenger protected). Today the car is protected and passenger explodes.
9. All new cars are designed to absorb 5mph force in an accident with NO damage to the fender. This acts like a “Q” ball in a game of pool. The passenger is the “8” ball.
10. Children from the ages of 4-9 are the most at risk, because their seatbelts are rarely placed properly across their Ilium (pelvic bones). Death occurs more frequently because the seatbelts severs the child’s abdominal aorta.
The injuries arising from auto accidents are primarily to the spine and nervous system, muscles and ligaments. Chiropractors, because they specialize in the spine and nervous system, can be best suited to analyze and correct problems resulting from car accidents.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an auto accident, please call your chiropractor in Carlsbad for a consultation to see if you’re a candidate for chiropractic care. Don’t wait for years before getting help and call us today to schedule a consultation with your San Diego Gonstead Chiropractor in Carlsbad.
For Educational Purposes Only
No exercises, stretching, or traction was used on patient. Only specific Gonstead chiropractic adjustments were performed by the San Diego Gonstead Chiropractor in Carlsbad.
We also offer specialized seminars for students and practitioners: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you Unity Family Chiropractic in FL for this post.